Class is August 26-27, 2023
You or a friend or family member is injured in the wilderness, an urban disaster zone, a remote rural area or just a few miles from cell phone service … what would you do? Learn how to save life and limb during the critical minutes or hours before ambulance/hospital hand-off.
The MEDIC SOLO Disaster + Travel + Wilderness First Aid Course is a blended experience of classroom and hands-on learning. About half of student time is spent rotating as mock rescuer and mock patient in realistic care-giving scenarios, making the most of learning-by-doing, and forming muscle memory.
Who: For adults and focused youths ages 14+
What: Hands-on learn how to care for an injured/ill person during the critical minutes or hours before ambulance/hospital arrival. Results in a 2-year internationally-renowned SOLO WFA certification.
When: August 26-27, 2023 8:00am – 7:00pm each day
Cost: $250 for Early Registration
How: Blend of classroom instruction & hands-on rescue scenario practice
More Info: Counts as recertification for WFA, AWFA, WFR and wilderness part of W-EMT
- Beyond the ‘golden hour’: wilderness/remote travel/disaster-delayed-EMS-arrival injury challenges and long-term patient care
- Patient Assessment System: thorough patient examination, treatment, monitoring, safety, and documentation
- Orthopedic Injuries and Treatment: Sprains, Strains, Fractures, and Spinal Cord Management
- Circulatory System Form and Function: Heart, Blood, Blood Vessels, Lungs, Brain
- Soft Tissue Injuries and Wound Treatment: Contusions, Abrasions, Lacerations, Flap Avulsions, Amputation, Punctures, Impalements, Bites, Stings, Blisters, Burns, and Infections
- Environmental Injuries and Treatment: Cold, Heat, Dehydration and Wilderness Survival
- Medical Emergencies and Critical Care: Shock, Allergies, Shortness of Breath, Brain and Heart Problems
- Patient movement: spinal cord precautions and clearing; pre- and post-evacuation treatment
- International Travel: preparation, problem prevention, and illness treatment — presented in a special hand-out for those who indicate interest.
For more information call 304.606.3233 or email email@example.com