Adult Running Camp/Trilogy Trainer
August 27, 2020 - August 30, 2020
Registration available in early 2020
We hope you can join us for a long weekend exploring the fantastic trails and back roads in the woods around our Spruce Knob campus. You will take multiple supported runs on various trails around the Seneca Creek Backcountry. You will learn about the trees, plants, wildlife and mushrooms that we find. You will have the opportunity to take clinics on stretching, strengthening and injury prevention as well as map reading, orienteering and off-trail navigation. You will enjoy relaxing evenings at the yurts with delicious food and laid-back social time.
This camp will provide two general tracks, one as an intro to trail running and another for more experienced trail runners who may be training for the WV Trilogy, another fall ultra-marathon, or just looking to enjoy a weekend of exploration with other trail runners.
- All abilities are welcome. However this is a trail running camp, not a hiking camp. We expect participants to be able to run most of the miles. If you are unsure about pace or which camp to do, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- More details will be forthcoming, but plan be here by Thursday afternoon and stay through midday Sunday.
- Your entry fee will cover all meals, drinks, and snacks, including standard aid-station fare during long runs, but please bring along your preferred trail food if you prefer to use gels or blocks or other specialized trail space food.
- Camp fees cover tent camping or a bed in our cozy dorms (5 beds/room). Private yurt space will be an additional fee.
- Altitude Training: Our campus is located at 4000′ with trails up to almost 5000′.
- Typical August weather on Spruce Knob is significantly cooler than most other locations on the east coast.
- Free camp shirt included with price of camp.
- More details TBA
- Suggested Packing List here
- Sponsored by Still Hollow,